- 15 oz
- cheese tortellini
- 1 1/2 c
- whipping cream
- freshly grated nutmeg
- 6 Tbsp
- parmesan, freshly grated
- 3/4 c
- frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 1 1/2 oz
- salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Tortellini With Peas And Prosciutto
- 1Cook tortellini in large pot of boiling salted water until barely tender, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Drain thoroughly.
- 2Meanwhile, bring cream to boil in heavy large saucepan. Reduce heat. Add nutmeg and simmer until slightly thickened, about 8 minutes.
- 3Return tortellini to pot. Add warm cream, Parmesan, peas and prosciutto. Simmer over low heat until tortellini are tender and sauce thickens, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Divide among four warm bowls and serve.