Torrey's Beef (or Turkey) Stroganovski
- 1 lb
- ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 1/2 lb
- fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 to 1 stick
- butter (use however much you want)
- 2 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil (evoo--hey, it makes it sound healthier)
- 1 can(s)
- condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 c
- sour cream (ok ok...you can use lite)
- 1 small
- onion, diced
- 2 to 3 Tbsp
- minced garlic (start with 2 then add the 3rd to taste)
- 1 tsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp
- oyster sauce
- 1 tsp
- pick-a-peppa sauce (or a-1 sauce)
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste (i like lots)
- 16 oz pkg
- favorite pasta ( i like fusili), cooked and drained
How to Make Torrey's Beef (or Turkey) Stroganovski
- 1Brown and drain hamburger (or ground turkey) and set aside.
- 2In large frying pan, melt butter and saute onions and mushrooms (you can use ANY type of mushrooms--white button, cremini, portobello, shiitake, oyster, chantarelle...or a combo). When they have rendered their juice...pour it off and save it for the sauce.
- 3Then, add the EVOO to the pan and continue to cook the heck out of the onions/shrooms until they are CARMELIZED. This takes awhile. I'm talking the onions and shrooms need to be cooked all the way down and BROWNED. REALLY brown. Trust me.
- 4Add the garlic near the end of the mushrooms' cooking time, otherwise it will burn and turn bitter.
- 5In a saucepan, combine reserved juice from onions/shrooms with condensed soup. Add Worcestershire sauce, Oyster sauce, Pick-A-Peppa sauce, sour cream and salt and pepper. Stir well. Heat until warm, and make sure you stir it well while heating it.
- 6Add hamburger (or ground turkey) and cooked onions/mushrooms and stir gently until everything is coated.
- 7Serve over cooked pasta. Goes great with hot sourdough bread on the side--slathered in butter, of course! Come on...life is TOO short to eat alfalfa sprouts and tofu.