Tomato and Corn Pasta Salad
- 1/2 lb
- dry medium size shell pasta
- 1 box
- frozen sweet corn kernels
- 1/2 bunch
- curley leaf parsely
- 1 1/2 c
- cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes
- 1 c
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1/2 c
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 3/4 c
- balsamic vinegar, white or regular
- 1 bunch
- green onions
- 1/2 c
- basil, fresh
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 c
- pepperoni or salami sliced into thin strips (optional)
How to Make Tomato and Corn Pasta Salad
- 11. Bring salted water to a boil, and cook medium sized shells as directed (usually I cook them 1-2 minutes past al dente).
- 22. While the water comes to a boil and the pasta is cooking, slice tomatoes in half vertically (top to bottom) Cut the entire green onion into 1/4 inch pieces on the bias. Mince parsley tops. Set all veggies and parsley aside.
- 33. Roll fresh basilinto a log shape and slice across the roll to make thin ribbon like pieces.
- 44. Drain pasta once it is finished cooking, and pour into a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix well and cover. Chill until ready to serve.
**NOTE: This salad is ready to serve once you mix everything together, but is better when chilled and allowed to rest overnight.