Tomato Alfredo with Italian Sausage
- 1 lb
- pasta of choice
- 1 pkg
- sweet italian sausage links, sliced
- 1 1/2-2 Tbsp
- minced garlic
- 1 stick
- tomatoes, diced
- salt, pepper, italian seasoning
- 1 c
- heavy cream
- 3 oz
- cream cheese
- 1 1/2 c
- parmesan cheese, grated
How to Make Tomato Alfredo with Italian Sausage
- 1In a large skillet, cook sliced sausage links over medium heat. Remove from skillet and set aside. Remove most of the grease from the skillet, leaving just what stays on its own. Add garlic and cook briefly.
- 2Add butter and tomatoes. Stir while butter is melting; add salt, pepper, and italian seasoning - be generous. Whisk in heavy cream and cream cheese, using whisk to break down tomatoes somewhat. Bring sauce to a low simmer, whisking often; it will thicken slightly while it cooks.
- 3~Meanwhile~ while sauce is cooking, boil your pasta.
- 4When sauce has thickened slightly, remove from heat and whisk in parmesan cheese. Stir in italian sausage and pasta. Enjoy!