When I am short on time (typical) I use a bottled sauce. There are a couple of very good ones available. If you wish to make your own sauce, that works too but either way this is delicious.
- 12 oz
- 1 lb
- medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 c
- julienned carrots
- 16 oz
- cremini mushrooms, sliced
- medium red or white onion, sliced
- 1/2 c
- cilantro or thai basil, rough chop
- 1 bottle
- thai peanut sauce
- salt, for pasta water
How to Make Thai Spaghetti
- 1Begin by gathering all of your ingredients together.
Peel and devein the shrimp.
Slice the onions and mushrooms
Julienne the carrots
Chop the cilantro or basil
- 2Bring a large pot of water to boil, once boiling add salt then add pasta.
- 3While pasta is cooking...
In a large skillet add oil and heat over medium high heat.
Saute the carrots for 3min. Add mushrooms and onions, continue to saute until mushroom are nicely browned and onions are translucent.
- 4Add the cleaned shrimp to the pan and cook until the shrimp are pink and cooked through. They cook quickly, so watch them closely so they do not over cook. They only take a couple of minutes.
- 5When pasta is al dente, remove from heat but reserve about 1/4 cup of the cooking water.
Drain the pasta and add to the skillet.
Pour the entire bottle of peanut sauce into the skillet and using tongs toss everything together to incorporate.
At this point, if the sauce is too thick for your liking, add a bit of the reserved pasta water.
Serve in wide, flat bowls. Top with Thai basil or cilantro...or both!