★★★★★ 1 vote5
8 ozdry macaroni shells
6 slicevelveeta cheese - cut thick
8 ozshredded cheddar cheese
1 pkgtaco seasoning mix ( i use mild)
How to Make Taco/Mac and Cheese Bake
- Cook macaroni according to directions on box, and drain - leave in colander
- Add milk, velveeta and 2/3 cups of the shredded cheese to the pot you boiled your macaroni in, melt cheese under low heat - I usually salt and pepper the milk and cheese mixture a little bit.
- Add the macaroni back into the milk and cheese mixture, Stir and take off the heat. Cover
- Brown your ground beef, add the taco mix and water, stir and simmer for 10 minutes - or until it thickens slightly - Turn off the burner and let sit
- Grease a 8x8 or larger baking dish with margerine or butter, add your macaroni and cheese
- Put a flour tortilla over it -- you can section the tortilla rounds to fit the dish you are using
- Add the hamburg/taco mixture and the salsa
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the mixture - reserving some shredded cheese for the top
- Add another tortilla to cover the mixture
- Cover with shredded cheddar and bake in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is browning.