★★★★★ 2 votes5
2 lb80/20 ground beef
1/2 cbread crumbs, or 2-3 pieces of bread ground in food processor
1 1/2 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tspgarlic powder
1/2 tsponion powder
1 1/2 Tbspparsley flakes
1 tspseasoning salt
2 can(s)cream of mushroom soup
2 can(s)cream of celery soup
1 pkgegg noodles, dumplings (or large)
How to Make Swedish Meatballs (or Meatloaf)
- For Swedish Meatballs:
1. In a large bowl mix eggs, 2 TBSP milk, worcestershire, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, seasoning salt, and pepper until well blended.
2. Add ground beef and mix gently to coat all of the meat.
3. Add bread crumbs and mix gently again to incorporate. (I hand mix)
4. Form into 2" balls and place in an electric skillet heated to 250-300. They should brown easily when dropped in.
5. Using a soft spatula, turn the meatballs until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes.
6. In a separate bowl, mix all four soups, plus 1 C milk until blended.
7. Pour over meatballs, using soft spatula to mix the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet into the sauce.
8. Turn heat to low, cover skillet and simmer for 20 minutes to an hour.
9. Boil egg noodles according to package instructions.
10. Serve meatballs over noodles with plenty of buttered french bread for dipping.
1. Same as steps 1-3 above.
2. Place meat mixture into a medium sized loaf pan.
3. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes.
4. If desired, top with zesty ketchup sauce:
- Mix 3 Tbsp Brown Sugar, 1/4 C ketchup, 2 TBSP mustard, and 1/4 tsp nutmeg. Spread over the top of the meatlof for the last 10 minutes of baking.