summer garden pasta
This is a nice summer dish not to heavy and no sauce.
I used ground meat but you can leave it out and have a very good vegaterian dinner.
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 2 - 3 lb
- tomato cut into large pieces
- 1 1/2 large
- bell peppers,red yellow or green,chopped in large pieces
- 1 medium
- onion chopped
- fresh green vegtable broccoli, green beans,zucini
- basil leaves chopped up
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 tsp
- fennel seed
- 2 Tbsp
- oregano, fresh
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 c
- parmesan cheese shredded
- pasta, cooked
How to Make summer garden pasta
- 1cook pasta as directed,Make enough to serve 4
- 2while pasta is cooking brown the ground beef,add onion 1/2 way thru browning salt and pepper to taste.
- 3add bell peppers,tomato and your green veg. If you are using frozen or canned green veg wait until last 10 min of cooking to add them.
- 4Cover and cook 15 min over a med to low heat, remove the lid and cook 15 more min. if veggies seem to wet add a little tomato paste
- 5add 1/2 of the shredded cheese and cook 5 more mins to melt the cheese.
- 6place pasta into single serve pasta bowls and top with meat and vegtable mixture
- 7sprinkle with remaining cheese crushed red pepper