Stove Top Summer Lasagna
- 2 lb
- plum tomatoes-chopped (4cups)**see note
- 4 Tbsp
- fresh basil-chopped
- container ricotta cheese
- 1/2 c
- shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 clove
- fresh garlic-minced
- 1 tsp
- kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 c
- dry white wine-not cooking wine
- 9 oz
- box oven-ready lasagna noodles-broken into thirds
- 8 oz
- mini mozarella balls
- when i made this i used more than this. you can even use your own sauce recipe.
How to Make Stove Top Summer Lasagna
- 1Combine 1 c tomatoes and 1 Tbs basil; reserve In seperate bowl,combine ricotta and parmesan;reserve.
- 2In 10" non-stick skillet,heat oil over med. heat. Add onion,garlic,salt,pepper and remaining 3 cups tomatoes;cook stirring until softened,12 to 15 mins. Stir in wine and 1/2 c water,boil 1 min. Transfer to bowl;stir in remaining 3 Tbs basil.
- 3In same skillet,spread 3/4 c sauce. Top with 6 noodle pieces,1/2 ricotta mixture and 1/3 of mini mozzarella balls. Repeat. Add noodles and remaining sauce.. Bring to boil. Cover;reduce heat to med-low. cook till noodles are tender ,30 mins.
- 4Remove skillet from heat. Top with remaining mozzarella balls. Cover;let stand until melted,5 mins. Top with reserved tomato-basil mixture.