Spinach, Pesto, and Beef Stuffed Manicotti
8 ozmanicotti, 12 pasta shells
1 1/2 lbground beef
1/3 cpesto sauce
3 cmarinara sauce
2(8 ounce) bags fresh spinach
8 ozcream cheese
4 ozprovolone cheese, sliced - 12 pieces
1/2 cparmesan cheese, grated
2 cmozzarella cheese, shredded
·salt and pepper
How to Make Spinach, Pesto, and Beef Stuffed Manicotti
- Brown the ground meat and season well with salt and pepper.
Drain off the grease and put in a large bowl.
- Boil the shells, according to package, drain and set aside.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In the same skillet in which you browned the meat, add some olive oil and saute the spinach until completely done.
- Mix the pesto, cream cheese, Parmesan and spinach into the ground meat.
- Pour a little marinara into a large (large enough to hold all the manicotti in one layer) casserole dish, enough to allow the shells to sit on and not stick to the bottom of the dish.
- Then stuff the shells with the meat mixture and lay the stuffed shells into the casserole.
- Top each shell with Provolone.
Pour remaining marinara over shells, top with shredded mozzarella.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes according to your oven temperature, until hot and bubbly with the cheese all melted but not too browned.