Spinach, Pesto, and Beef Stuffed Manicotti
- 8 oz
- manicotti, 12 pasta shells
- 1 1/2 lb
- ground beef
- 1/3 c
- pesto sauce
- 3 c
- marinara sauce
- (8 ounce) bags fresh spinach
- 8 oz
- cream cheese
- 4 oz
- provolone cheese, sliced - 12 pieces
- 1/2 c
- parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 c
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
How to Make Spinach, Pesto, and Beef Stuffed Manicotti
- 1Brown the ground meat and season well with salt and pepper.
Drain off the grease and put in a large bowl.
- 2Boil the shells, according to package, drain and set aside.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 3In the same skillet in which you browned the meat, add some olive oil and saute the spinach until completely done.
- 4Mix the pesto, cream cheese, Parmesan and spinach into the ground meat.
- 5Pour a little marinara into a large (large enough to hold all the manicotti in one layer) casserole dish, enough to allow the shells to sit on and not stick to the bottom of the dish.
- 6Then stuff the shells with the meat mixture and lay the stuffed shells into the casserole.
- 7Top each shell with Provolone.
Pour remaining marinara over shells, top with shredded mozzarella.
- 8Bake for 45-60 minutes according to your oven temperature, until hot and bubbly with the cheese all melted but not too browned.