Relda Jean Sandgran1
This has been a great favorite of my family and friends. I started using cottage cheese because it was less expensive. I tried changing to the ricotta, when the prices became about the same and everyone liked the cottage cheese better. Be sure to drain the cottage cheese. I make this for my son for his B'day. I make 2 extra large pans. We eat that night and then I freeze the rest in single serving pieces in Seal a Meal bags.
- 1 1/2 lb
- lean hamburger
- 8 oz
- sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 bottle
- ragu chunky mushroom sauce
- 16 oz
- cottage cheese, small curd (drained)
- 1/2 c
- parmesan cheese topping
- 1 bag(s)
- frozen chopped spinach, defrosted & squeezed dry
- 4 oz
- can chopped olives (optional) i don't leave this out
- 1/4-1/2 tsp
- season salt
- 3 can(s)
- italian blend cheese
- 1 c
- grated parmesand chees
- parmesan chese topping
- lasagna noodles, cooked or no boil
How to Make Spinach Lasagna
- 1Fry Hamburger until done. Drain off any grease. Add fresh mushrooms & cook until they are done. Add the 2 bottles of sauce. Cover and simmer.
- 2Place Cottage cheese in a colander and drain any excess liquid. Place cottage cheese in a bowl. Add Parmesan cheese topping, chopped olives, drained spinach and season salt. Mix well and set aside.
- 3If cooking lasagna noodles cook according to package directions. I use the No cook noodles.
- 4Mix the Italian blend cheese and grated Parmesan cheese.
- 5Put some sauce on the bottom of baking pan, layer noodles, sauce cottage cheese mixture by spoonfuls, and cheese mixture. Make a total of 3 layers., ending with sauce and cheeses. I then use some of the Parmesan cheese topping also.
- 6Bake 35-40 minutes if using no boil noodles, about 30 minutes with cooked noodles.
About Spinach Lasagna
Show 4 Comments & Reviews