Spinach-Feta Savory Kugel
You can substitute other vegetables, cheeses, and seasonings as you see fit, or by what you have on hand.
★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 1/3 c
- spinach, fresh
- 1/4 c
- feta cheese
- 1/3 c
- noodles, cooked
- salt and pepper
How to Make Spinach-Feta Savory Kugel
- 1Onion is optional. I love onion myself, but this will taste fine without it. I used leftover angel-hair pasta, pulled apart into 3-inch pieces. I don't use salt; feta cheese is plenty salty by itself.
- 2Tear spinach into little pieces.
- 3Heat oil in the frying pan (I use an 8-inch cast iron pan). Cook onion to desired doneness. I like mine a bit golden, if I'm using onion.
- 4Combine egg, spinach, noodles, and crumbled cheese in a bowl or large mug. Beat them with a fork until everything is well-incorporated and covered in egg.
- 5Turn egg mixture into the heated pan. Cover the pan so the patty will cook through before the bottom burns.
- 6Cook for 5-7 minutes on one side, then turn and finish cooking on the other side.