- 1 stick
- unsalted butter
- 1/4 c
- 1 tsp
- italian seasoning
- 4 c
- milk, scalded and kept warm
- salt and white pepper to taste
- 2 pkg
- ricotta cheese, the big ones
- 2 pkg
- lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1 lb
- fresh button mushrooms, sliced
- white onion, diced
- 6 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 pkg
- baby spinach, chopped
- 2 pkg
- parmesan cheese, shredded
How to Make Spinach and White Cheese lasagna
- 1Preheat oven to 350, and butter a 11" x 15" pan.
- 2BECHAMEL SAUCE
- 3In a large, heavy dutch oven, melt the butter over medium heat. When the butter is hot, whisk in the flour and Italian seasoning. Cook, stirring constantly, until you can start to smell the butter and flour, just until it barely starts to change color. Whisk in the milk, and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Cook until it starts to thicken, until it almost as thick as yogurt, season to taste. Remove from the heat and set to the side.
- 4RICOTTA CHEESE MIXTURE
- 5In a large bowl, beat the ricotta and the eggs together. Set aside.
- 6PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- 7Make a layer of the cooked lasagna noodles on the bottom of the pan, making sure there are no gaps.
- 8Spread a layer of the ricotta cheese mixture, 1/4 - 1/2 a cup.
- 9Add another layer of noodles.
- 10Add a layer of spinach, mushrooms, onions and garlic and parmesan cheese. Maybe 1/4 cup of each.
- 11Add another layer of noodles.
- 12Spread 1/2 cup bechamel sauce over the noodles. Use more or less if needed.
- 13Add another layer of noodles, and repeat steps 8-12, until pan is almost full to the top. You should get at least 2 layers of each in there.
- 14Cover with foil and bake for an hour. Since oven times will differ, it may need to bake up to and hour and half