Spaghetti with Tomatoes, Toasted Garlic and Loads
- 16 oz. box spaghetti
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, very thinly sliced
- 6 medium sized hot house or plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. coarsely chopped fresh marjoram or oregano
- 2 tbsp. coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh italian flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
How to Make Spaghetti with Tomatoes, Toasted Garlic and Loads
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook til tender but still firm.
- 2Meanwhile, pour oil into a large skillet set over medium heat. Add garlic and stir til lightly browned and toasted, about 3 minutes.
- 3Immediately add tomatoes and salt and toss in the oil til warmed through but not cooked. Remove skillet from heat. When spaghetti is done, drain it and toss with tomatoes in the skillet or in the pasta pot if the skillet is not large enough.Sprinkle with the herbs and cheese and toss again.
- 4Tip pasta out onto a large warm platter and serve at once. Makes 4 servings.