Spaghetti with Peas and Bacon
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 lb
- spaghetti, (any kind, whole wheat as well)
- 1 can(s)
- evaporated milk, (8 ounces)
- 1/2 stick
- 1 pkg
- frozen peas (small package) or 15oz. canned,drained.
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 1 pkg
- bacon (12oz) cooked until crisp
- 1/2 c
- parmesan cheese, (or pecorino romano if preferred)
- 1 tsp
- black pepper
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder
How to Make Spaghetti with Peas and Bacon
- 1Cook the bacon until crisp. Set aside when done and crumble when cooled.You can use regular bacon or pancetta). Cook the onion in the bacon oil until transluscent.
- 2Boil water as directed for pasta and cook about 10 minutes.Add frozen peas to pasta water about 2 minutes before pasta is done and drain in a colander together.(If using canned peas, drain and add to pasta when you get to the next step).
- 3Place pasta in a serving bowl or casserole dish and add melted butter, milk, parmesan,pepper and garlic powder.Top with crumbled bacon, onion, and toss.Add salt to taste if needed or just some additional parmesan cheese.Ready to serve!