Spaghetti with Bacon & Egg1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 cwhite wine
3 Tbspbutter, unsalted
·"just a pinch" of pepper
12 ozspaghetti, uncooked
1/2 citalian cheese, grated
How to Make Spaghetti with Bacon & Egg
- Cook bacon until lightly crisp.
- Drain and reserve 2 tablespoons drippings.
- Coarsely chop bacon and leave on the side.
- Melt butter in bacon drippings, add wine and pepper and simmer 5 minutes.
- Cook spaghetti according to directions.
- Add bacon to butter-wine mixture.
- The next step must be done quickly so the eggs will cook from the heat of the pasta.
- Drain pasta, well.
- Toss pasta with bacon sauce and beaten eggs.
- Mix with 1/2 the grated cheese and serve with extra cheese on the side for topping.
- For those looking to keep the fats down a bit, an egg substitute can be used in place of the eggs.