Spaghetti with Bacon & Egg1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1/2 lb
- eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c
- white wine
- 3 Tbsp
- butter, unsalted
- "just a pinch" of pepper
- 12 oz
- spaghetti, uncooked
- 1/2 c
- italian cheese, grated
How to Make Spaghetti with Bacon & Egg
- 1Cook bacon until lightly crisp.
- 2Drain and reserve 2 tablespoons drippings.
- 3Coarsely chop bacon and leave on the side.
- 4Melt butter in bacon drippings, add wine and pepper and simmer 5 minutes.
- 5Cook spaghetti according to directions.
- 6Add bacon to butter-wine mixture.
- 7The next step must be done quickly so the eggs will cook from the heat of the pasta.
- 8Drain pasta, well.
- 9Toss pasta with bacon sauce and beaten eggs.
- 10Mix with 1/2 the grated cheese and serve with extra cheese on the side for topping.
- 11For those looking to keep the fats down a bit, an egg substitute can be used in place of the eggs.