Spaghetti Stuffed Garlic Bread
- rhodes frozen loaf, thawed to room temp
- 6 oz
- cooked spaghetti
- 2/3 c
- thick spaghetti sauce
- 1/3 c
- cooked ground beef
- 8 oz
- colby jack cheese, cubed (about 1/2 inch)
- egg white
- garlic powder
- parmesan cheese
- parsley flakes
How to Make Spaghetti Stuffed Garlic Bread
- 1Completely thaw frozen bread loaf. Easiest method is to place loaf on lightly greased cookie sheet and stick in a cold oven for 8 hours.
- 2Spray work area lightly with non-stick cooking spray as well as rolling pin. Roll loaf into a 12 x 16 rectangle. Cover with plastic wrap for 15 minutes.
- 3Combine sauce and meat. Season to your taste. My preference is to add some Texas Pete, minced onions, and garlic powder.
- 4Preheat oven to 350.
- 5Remove wrap from dough. Place spaghetti lengthwise in a 4-inch strip down center of dough. Make cuts 1 1/2-inches apart on long sides of dough to within 1/2-inch of spaghetti.
- 6Top spaghetti with meat sauce. Top meat with cubed cheese.
- 7Begin braid by folding top and bottom strips toward filling. Then braid strips left over right, right over left. Finish by pulling last strip over and tucking under braid. You can watch the video on how to make the braid at youtu.be/jIZhBvwW5yw
- 8Lift the braid onto a baking sheet. I normally use foil for easy clean up.
- 9Brush finished braid with egg white. Sprinkle on garlic powder, Parmesan cheese, and parsley flakes.
- 10Bake for approximately 30 minutes at 350 degrees, until bread is a medium brown color. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
- 11Extra - I normally make extra meat sauce to pour on top of my serving. Enjoy!