Spaghetti, Quick & Flavorful
My family and grand-kids look forward to "Spaghetti Day"!!
Hope you enjoy it!!!
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 1 jar(s)
- prego with italian sausage
- 1/2 - 16 oz
- pkg vermicelli pasta, dry
- 2 Tbsp
- tony's chacherie's creole seasoning ( or make your own creole seasoning)
- 1/4 tsp
- garlic powder, granulated
- 1/4-1/2 tsp
- italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp
- parsley flakes, dried
- 1/4 c
- onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 c
- green bell pepper, finely chopped
How to Make Spaghetti, Quick & Flavorful
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions, adding a little olive oil to water.
In the meantime, ...
- 2Heat a large skillet on medium fire. Add ground beef and seasonings. (If adding onions & bell pepper, add them also.) Cook meat until done, but not "crunchy brown". Remove from pan, and drain in a paper towel lined colander.
- 3Discard remaining oil from skillet. Add spaghetti sauce and drained ground meat. Heat until bubbling. Reduce heat to LOW and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. I do a quick taste test, & add additional seasonings, if necessary -- (because I never "measure" anything)!!
And ... while this is simmering ... back to pasta!!
- 4After pasta has cooked, drain and quickly rinse pasta in warm water. Spray with PAM Butter Flavored spray or half-teaspoon of olive oil ... and toss to coat.
(I know that REAL Italians do not rinse their pasta, but I just prefer to eliminate that extra starch!!)
- 5NORMALLY, the pasta and the sauce end up ready at the same time, thus ... a 20 minute prep time!!!
And, if I'm REALLY "on my game", I also have the salad and bread ready, also!!!
- 6Serve over pasta with a green salad and garlic french bread!!!!
Garnish with a little fresh parsley, if desired!!!
(Look for my Garlic French Bread recipe!!!)