You can add salt and pepper if you'd like but the grated cheese is salty so I usually just leave it out.
- 1 lb
- spaghetti or fettuccine
- 7 large
- 1 c
- grated parmesan cheese or pecorino romano
- 3 clove
- garlic minced
- a nice handful of fresh parsley minced
- 16 oz
- ricotta (low fat, part skim or whole works)
- 1 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup, fat-free (optional)
- italian bread crumbs
How to Make Spaghetti Pie
- 1Cook spaghetti/fettuccine 1 minute less then the package directions.
- 2While the pasta is cooking preheat oven to 350 and spray a 9-by-11-inch baking dish with pam (or grease it with butter)and coat the whole pan with bread crumbs until fullly coated.
- 3In a bowl beat eggs. Add grated cheese, ricotta, cream of mushroom, parsley (salt and pepper if your using) and garlic and mix until its all blended real well.
- 4Drain the spaghetti add the egg mixture. Mix until the spaghetti is all coated.
- 5Pour into the baking dish. Sprinkle breadcrumbs and grated cheese on top. Bake at 350 for about an hour. You can put it under the broiler if you want the top browned.
I cover it with foil but you dont have to.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.