This is a recipe that makes two small casseroles or one large one. I make the two and freeze one for another day.
How to Make Spaghetti Casserole
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir spaghetti sauce and tomato sauce into ground beef. (At this point, I like to add minced onion, garlic, ground oregano and basil to taste.)
- Combine cream of mushroom soup and sour cream.
- In two 8-inch square baking dishes, layer half of the meat sauce, pasta, soup mixture and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 350 degrees for 55 to 65 minutes or until cheese is melted.