I also substituted Cottage cheese for the Ricotta and substituted grated Parmesan cheese for the shredded kind.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
6 ozuncooked spaghetti
1 Tbspbutter or margarine
1/3 cshredded parmesan cheese
1 (26 oz.) jar(s)spaghetti sauce
2 cchopped green pepper
1 (14 oz.) can(s)diced tomatoes, drained
8 ozricotta cheese
1 (8 oz.) can(s)mushroom stems and pieces, drained
1 smallonion, chopped
1 tspdried oregano
1 tspdried basil
2 tspgarlic powder
3 cmozzarella cheese, divided
How to Make Spaghetti Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions and drain.
- Add butter or margarine and Parmesan cheese; toss to coat.
- In a large bowl, combine the spaghetti sauce, green pepper and tomatoes; in a blender, process the Ricotta cheese until pureed; add to the spaghetti sauce mixture.
- Stir in the mushrooms, onion, garlic powder, basil, oregano and 1 1/2 cups Mozzarella cheese; add the spaghetti; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 13 X 9-inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray; sprinkle with remaining Mozzarella.
- Cover and bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through.