A big plus-you will most likely have most or all of the ingredients on hand!
With a sauce that contains several herbs, cream, garlic, butter and cheese,how can you go wrong?
Definitely not diet-friendly! A once in a while rich dish, but oh so good!
- 1 lb
- spaghetti or spaghettini
- 5 Tbsp
- parsley, finely chopped
- 6 Tbsp
- 4 Tbsp
- olive oil
- cloves garlic, pressed or finely minced
- 2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- black pepper
- 1 and 1/2 c
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
How to Make Spaghetti Bianca
- 1While the spaghetti is cooking in rapidly boiling, salted water - 10 to 12 minutes should make it tender, especially if using spaghettini, finely chop the parsley. Melt the butter in a large saucepan; add the olive oil.
- 2When butter mixture is hot, add the minced garlic and cook over low heat - do not let it burn. Add the parsley, cream, oregano, rosemary, salt and pepper and continue to cook over a low heat. Continue to cook over low heat until spaghetti is done.
- 3Drain spaghetti and add to the skillet. *It may not look super appetizing at this point, but presevere! Add a little bit of cheese at a time, stirring it well into the mixture with a wooden spoon, keeping the heat low. By the time all of the cheese is added, it will look quite appetizing, and will taste even better than it looks!
Serve at once, sprinkled with additional grated cheese and/or parsley, if desired.