Southern Mac & Cheese
Real cheese only, no fake processed sauce here.
- 5 c
- mexican blend shredded cheese
- large eggs
- 1 c
- parmigiano-reggiano, grated
- 1 c
- heavy whipping cream
- 1 large box
- macaroni, elbow
- 1/3 c
- italian bread crumbs
How to Make Southern Mac & Cheese
- 1You will need a 8x12 glass baking dish. Grease with butter then set aside.
Preheat oven 350
Start boiling your macaroni noodles until fluffy and tender.
- 2Layer the bottom of your baking dish with the noodles covering it well.
Sprinkle the shredded cheese over it, then sprinkle Parmesan. Keep repeating until the baking dish is full.
- 3In a small bowl beat the eggs and whipping cream. Pour evenly over the Mac and Cheese.
Sprinkle more shredded cheese and parmesean on top along with the bread crumbs.
Bake covered with tin foil for 30 minutes. Then uncover and bake for the rest to allow cheese to brown.