★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 1 (15oz) can(s)
- tomato sauce
- 1 pkg
- taco seasoning mix
- 1 (4oz) can(s)
- chopped green chilis, drained
- 1 (6oz) pkg
- avocado dip
- 1 c
- monterey jack cheese, shreeded
- jalapeno pepper, sliced & seeded
- 1 sprig(s)
- 7" tortillas
- vegetable oil
How to Make South of the Border Lasagna
- 1Cook ground beef until browned, (stirring to crumble); drian well and set aside.
- 2Fry tortillas, one at a time in 1/4 inch hot oil, about 5 seconds on each side or just until soft. Drain on paper towel and set aside.
- 3Combine tomato sauce and taco seasoning mix in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes. Remove from heat reserve 1/4 cup. Add beef and 1/2 of the green chilis to remaining sauce mix.
- 4Grease a 8 or 9 inch baking dish. Layer: Tortilla, meat mixture, avocado dip, and cheese, repeat layers.
- 5Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and put back in over for 5 minutes.