Some More Casserole
My mother used to cook this when I was a child. Now it's my husband's favorite dish. It's a great one pot meal, just add a salad and some bread for a feast!
- 1 1/2 lb
- ground beef
- medium onion, chopped
- green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 can(s)
- 15 oz diced tomatoes with the juice
- 3 Tbsp
- chili powder, hot or mild, your choice
- 1 1/2 c
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb
- spaghetti, cooked
- 15oz can english peas, drained
- 15 oz can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 c
- grated cheddar cheese optional (the original recipe calls for it but we prefer without)
How to Make Some More Casserole
- 1Brown the ground beef and drain excess fat.
- 2Add onion and bell pepper and saute until the onion is tender.
- 3Add the garlic and saute for a couple of minutes.
- 4Add tomatoes with the juice, water, chili powder and salt and pepper.
- 5Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 6Add the spaghetti, corn and peas and heat through.
- 7It's ready to serve unless you're adding the cheese. To add the cheese, spread the mixture in a casserole and top with the cheese. Bake at 350 until it's melted, about 20 minutes.
About Some More Casserole
You May Also Like:
Show 9 Comments & Reviews