Smokey-Spicy Mac & Cheese
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 cpasta shells, giant (or other pasta of your choice)
3/4 csmoked cheddar, shredded (i used tillamook, white smoked cheddar with peppercorns)
1/2 chabanero cheddar cheese or pepper jack cheese
1/4 csharp cheddar
2 dash(es)hot sauce (try a smoked hot sauce, like the tabasco chipotle)
2 dash(es)worcestershire sauce
1/4 cbread crumbs, dry
How to Make Smokey-Spicy Mac & Cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions and set aside; pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While pasta is cooking, shred/grate your cheese, if necessary.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat; add flour and milk, stir constantly, until you have a thick and smooth constancy. Reduce heat to a low temperature and add the cheese, worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce. Stir constantly and continue to heat until all the cheese is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add pasta to the cheese mixture and mix well.
- Pour mac and cheese into a small, oven safe, casserole dish. Top the pasta with a thin layer of bread crumbs. Bake for 15 minutes and then broil for 2 minutes on low to brown bread crumbs. Enjoy!
note: if you prefer, you can eat as is without baking in the oven. I just really love a baked mac and cheese!