2 2/3 c(11 oz) ditalini or tubetti pasta
3 oz(about 15 slices) milano salami, scissored into strips
14 ozcan diced tomatoes, plus 1/2 can water
1 bunchgarni (mixed herb sachet or bag), optional
15 ozcan cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
How to Make SMALL PASTA WITH SALAMI
- Boil water for the pasta, salt generously. Add the pasta and cook according to directions, al dente.
- Warm a fairly wide, heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add the salami strips, not worrying if they clump together. Stir with a spoon for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and add about 1/2 a tomato can of water.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of butter, then add the garni or bay leaf, and the drained beans. Leave it to bubble away, firmly but gently, while the pasta finishes cooking.
- Just before draining the pasta, remove and reserve a little of the cooking water.
- Stir the drained pasta into the sauce, then remove from the heat, and stir in the remaining butter. If you think the sauce needs it, splash in some of the pasta cooking water, and stir again. Leave to stand for 2 minutes before serving, removing the garni (bay leaf).