Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce
2 lbground beef
1 conion (chopped fine)
1/2 tspminced garlic
1 pkgitalian dressing mix
1/8 tspred pepper flakes
1 tspdried italian herbs
2 tspwhite sugar
16 ozthin spaghetti
32 ozprepared spaghetti sauce
1 can(s)tomato sauce (12 ounces)
How to Make Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce
- Finely dice one small onion. Sweat the onion along with the minced garlic in some olive oil on Medium heat. Be careful that the onion and garlic do not brown but just soften.
- After softening the onion and garlic add the ground beef. Cook beef until no longer pink. While cooking, add salt and pepper, italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes. Drain beef.
- Set the slow cooker to High. Add all ingredients to the crock pot along with the beef. Allow the sauce to cook on High for 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- One hour before you're ready to serve, cook the Thin Spaghetti Noodles. Only cook the noodles for about 5 minutes. Noodles will be slightly undercookes. Set the Slow cooker on Keep Warm or turn Off.
- Before you drain the noodles, reserve 1 cup of pasta water. Drain the undercooked noodles. Add the noodles and pasta water to the sauce in the slow cooker. Stir together and let stand on Keep Warm or Off for 1 hour. Noodles will finish cooking in the sauce until tender.
- Serve with a green salad and garlic bread.