Slow Cooker Meatballs in Pasta Sauce
This was another recipe I did for the Heinz Pasta Sauce product testing project and if you cant get Heinz Tomato & Red Wine pasta sauce then using your favourite will do.
I used my Mum's beloved meatball recipe for this dish and although she never cooked hers in sauce (she always always grilled them and served separately), the result was absolutely delicious.
Happy to post the meatball recipe if requested, please leave a comment if you would like me to.
- 1 kg
- lean beef mince to make meatballs (use frozen or make your own), make sure your meatballs are well flavoured to suit your sauce!
- 2 jar(s)
- heinz tomato & red wine pasta sauce (each jar is 525gms)
- 1/4 c
- water to rinse jars and add to sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Slow Cooker Meatballs in Pasta Sauce
- 1Place meatballs in your slow cooker in a neat layer. Its ok to stack a second layer and for them to be touching.
You can buy frozen meatballs and defrost them or roll your own into 1 inch balls.
- 2Pour over 2 jars of the Heinz pasta sauce until the meatballs are fairly well covered.
- 3Add 1/4 cup of water to one of the empty jars, rinse then pour into other jar and rinse. Pour liquid over the meatballs and pasta sauce.
- 4Cover your slow cooker and follow the times below:
High: 4-6 hours
Low: 6-8 hours