Sinful Macaroni and Cheese
P.S. The cheese amount is not precise. When I say "cube," I mean the normal size blocks you buy at the grocery store. You can adjust the amount of cheese to your liking. Also, 4 cubes of bouillon is for the small squares of bouillon. If you buy the bigger sizes, just use two.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 pkgelbow macaroni, cooked
3/4cube of sharp cheddar
3/4cube of mild cheddar
3 to 4 Tbspflour
1 stickbutter, softened
4bouillon cubes, chicken or beef
1/4 cdried, minced onions
1/4cube sharp cheddar
1/4cube mild cheddar
1 to 2 cmilk
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Sinful Macaroni and Cheese
- Turn the oven on to 350 degrees.
- Boil macaroni until done. Drain and rinse with hot water for mixing with cheese immediately.
- Mix the two 3/4 cubes of shredded cheese with the macaroni in a 9x13 pan.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter with the bouillon cubes and onions until smooth.
- Add the flour, mixing well, into a rue.
- When the rue is thickened and smooth, add 1 cup milk, mixing while heating until thickened. Add the rue mixture to the macaroni and cheese and mix well.
- Add additional milk to the mixture, mixing very well - the macaroni and cheese should be nice and moist.
- Top with the remaining 1/4 blocks of shredded cheese and garnish with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to one hour until hot and bubbly throughout with the cheese melted on top.