Sinful Macaroni and Cheese
P.S. The cheese amount is not precise. When I say "cube," I mean the normal size blocks you buy at the grocery store. You can adjust the amount of cheese to your liking. Also, 4 cubes of bouillon is for the small squares of bouillon. If you buy the bigger sizes, just use two.
- 1 pkg
- elbow macaroni, cooked
- cube of sharp cheddar
- cube of mild cheddar
- 3 to 4 Tbsp
- 1 stick
- butter, softened
- bouillon cubes, chicken or beef
- 1/4 c
- dried, minced onions
- cube sharp cheddar
- cube mild cheddar
- 1 to 2 c
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Sinful Macaroni and Cheese
- 1Turn the oven on to 350 degrees.
- 2Boil macaroni until done. Drain and rinse with hot water for mixing with cheese immediately.
- 3Mix the two 3/4 cubes of shredded cheese with the macaroni in a 9x13 pan.
- 4In a medium saucepan, melt the butter with the bouillon cubes and onions until smooth.
- 5Add the flour, mixing well, into a rue.
- 6When the rue is thickened and smooth, add 1 cup milk, mixing while heating until thickened. Add the rue mixture to the macaroni and cheese and mix well.
- 7Add additional milk to the mixture, mixing very well - the macaroni and cheese should be nice and moist.
- 8Top with the remaining 1/4 blocks of shredded cheese and garnish with salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to one hour until hot and bubbly throughout with the cheese melted on top.