Simple lo mein
- 1 lb
- lo mein type pasta, buccatini or a thick spaghetti are great
- 3/4 c
- thinly sliced yellow onion
- stalks of celery, thinly sliced
- carrot, finely shredded
- 2 clove
- garlic, chopped
- 1/2 c
- low sodium soy sauce
How to Make Simple lo mein
- 1Bring medium pot of well salted water to a rolling boil. Add pasta, cook until al dente, according to package directions.
- 2While pasta is cooking heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add vegetable oil to coat the bottom. Once oil is warm add onion, garlic, celery and carrot. Sautee until tender. Add soy sauce. Let simmer for 2 minutes.
- 3If you are adding a protein now is the time. Cook protein until done.
- 4Drain cooked pasta and add to skillet with other ingredients. Toss to coat the pasta well, adding soy sauce if necessary.
- 5You can add any other veggies you like, mushrooms, peas, baby corn, water chestnuts. Add these after the garlic and onion have sauteed for about 2 minutes.