Shrimp with Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce
Rose M. Helle
I did modify the Cayenne a bit as I am not a fan of really spicy food. When prepared for my family and friends, I find that even only one pound of the shrimp will do and goes a long way.
- 1 pkg
- (7oz) dry pasta of your choice
- 1 jar(s)
- (12 oz) prefer flame roasted red peppers
- 1 pkg
- (8oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c
- chicken broth
- garlic cloves
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- 2 lb
- large shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 c
- chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
How to Make Shrimp with Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce
- 1Prepare pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and oil.
Meanwhile, drain roasted peppers.
- 2Place peppers, cream cheese, broth, garlic and cayenne pepper in a blender or food processor. Cover and process until smooth.
- 3Pour the mixture into a large skillet. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring often until thoroughly heated. Add the cooked shrimp and heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally until heated through. Serve over cooked pasta. Garnish with basil.