SHRIMP SCAMPI - RESTAURANT STYLE
Peggi Anne Tebben
3/4 cwhite zinfindale wine
1/8 cmelted butter, don't substitute
1 tspfresh minced garlic
·california style garlic salt/parsley
1chopped green onion
4 - 5 largeblack tiger shrimp
How to Make SHRIMP SCAMPI - RESTAURANT STYLE
- Prepare as many of the the noodles as needed, according to pkg. directions. Drain & set aside, keeping warm.
- Peel the shrimp, leaving on the tail & last peel connected to tail. De-vein if necessary. Rinse & set aside.
- Pour the butter & wine in a small teflon pan over medium heat. Add the minced garlic.
- Simmer until reduced almost by half & it starts to thicken.If you let the wine evaporate too much, then just deglaze the pan with a little more wine & allow to rethicken.
- Add shrimp & cook on one side about 1 minute, turn over & cook the other side of shrimp until it turns pink. Sprinkle with the garlic salt lightly. Don't over cook shrimp or it will toughen.
- Remove from heat & add the onions.
- Pour over hot noodles in bowl. Serve warm with seasoned , buttered garlic toast.