SHRIMP SCAMPI - RESTAURANT STYLE
Peggi Anne Tebben
- fettuccini noodles
- 3/4 c
- white zinfindale wine
- 1/8 c
- melted butter, don't substitute
- 1 tsp
- fresh minced garlic
- california style garlic salt/parsley
- chopped green onion
- 4 - 5 large
- black tiger shrimp
How to Make SHRIMP SCAMPI - RESTAURANT STYLE
- 1Prepare as many of the the noodles as needed, according to pkg. directions. Drain & set aside, keeping warm.
- 2Peel the shrimp, leaving on the tail & last peel connected to tail. De-vein if necessary. Rinse & set aside.
- 3Pour the butter & wine in a small teflon pan over medium heat. Add the minced garlic.
- 4Simmer until reduced almost by half & it starts to thicken.If you let the wine evaporate too much, then just deglaze the pan with a little more wine & allow to rethicken.
- 5Add shrimp & cook on one side about 1 minute, turn over & cook the other side of shrimp until it turns pink. Sprinkle with the garlic salt lightly. Don't over cook shrimp or it will toughen.
- 6Remove from heat & add the onions.
- 7Pour over hot noodles in bowl. Serve warm with seasoned , buttered garlic toast.