1 corzo pasta, uncooked
1 Tbspolive oil
1 tspolive oil
·"just a pinch" of salt
·"just a pinch" of pepper
2garlic cloves, minced
20 largeshrimp, peeled and deveined with tails
1/4 cparsley, chopped
1lemon, juice and zest only
1 cwhite wine, dry
5 Tbspbutter, unsalted
1 Tbspcapers, drained and rinsed
How to Make Shrimp Saute with Orzo
- Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil.
- Add orzo; cook until al dente, using cooking time suggested on package.
- Drain; toss with 1 teaspoon oil, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large skillet.
- Add garlic; cook over low heat for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp, salt and pepper to taste, and 2 tablespoons parsley; cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn and cook for 3 minutes more or until opaque.
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add lemon juice and wine to skillet.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and reduce by half, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add remaining parsley; stir in butter, lemon zest and capers.
- Adjust seasonings.
- Pour over shrimp, and serve on a bed or orzo.