Shrimp Penne Pasta with Artichoke or Asparagus
Do not over cook the shrimp... Remove pan from heat when shrimp goes from transparent to white in color.
Spice Islands Pizza & Pasta Sicilian Seasoning (for topping once dish is on plate) has a slight sweet and savory taste. It is -not- similar to the italian seasoning most people have in their cupboard. It comes in a grater-topped bottle for easy grinding directly onto dish. And it's great on pizza too!
Check it out here: tones.com/...duct.php?product_id=111 *Available at Sam’s Club
Also great with ASPARAGUS as pictured!
Add asparagus (2" lengths) when adding shrimp for al dente, or a little earlier if you like it more tender. I take a vegetable peeler to the stalks if they are on the large side.
2-3 Tbspextra virgin olive oil
1onion, thinly sliced
5-8 clovefresh garlic, crushed
To Tastesea salt & freshly ground pepper
28 ozlarge shrimp, peeled
12 ozartichoke hearts, quartered
28 ozdiced tomatoes, with juice
1 lbpenne pasta
To Tasteparmigiano-reggiano cheese, freshly grated
To Tastespice islands pizza & pasta sicilian seasoning
To Taste lbuse about a pound of asparagus if substituting for artichokes
How to Make Shrimp Penne Pasta with Artichoke or Asparagus
- Cook pasta, drain and aside.
- Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil on medium-low to medium heat.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add tomatoes with juice and simmer for several minutes.
- Add artichokes, simmer again.
- Add shrimp and simmer until shrimp is cooked through.
- Remove pan from heat to stop cooking process.
- Rinse pasta in very hot water, drain thoroughly, and put on plate.
- Top with shrimp and artichoke mixture.
- Top with freshly grated cheese and ground seasoning mix or pepper.