Shrimp & Pasta with Olive Oil and Pine Nuts
The best part of the dish is that it is tasty, crisp on flavor, but light and VERY simple to prepare with VERY basic ingredients.
Feel free to substitute chicken for shrimp, particularly grilled chicken marinated in Italian dressing.
Also feel free to up the quantity of pine nuts or delete them. I prefer WITH!
It was a huge hit and the kids enjoyed it immensely.
- 1 lb
- peeled, deveined, tailless shrimp
- 1/2 c
- butter or margarine
- 1 tsp
- black pepper
- 1 tsp
- 1/8 c
- pine nuts (OPTIONAL, if you prefer without, skip this ingredient and step 2)
- 1 lb
- cooked vermicelli or angel hair pasta, well salted
- 1 c
- extra virgin olive oil
- 6 clove
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh or dried parsley
- 1/4 c
- parmesan cheese
How to Make Shrimp & Pasta with Olive Oil and Pine Nuts
- 1Melt butter in a skillet on med. high heat. Add shrimp, salt and pepper and cook until done, taking care not to over cook. Set aside.
- 2Drop pine nuts in skillet on med. heat. Occasionally toss them. When one or more sides turn from pale to light golden brown and they look toasted, remove from heat.
- 3Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until garlic turns light golden color.
- 4Add shrimp, pine nuts and parsley to pasta. Slowly stir in olive oil.
- 5Toss thoroughly and serve with a dusting of parmesan cheese or add cheese to serving dish and let others pass the bowl and serve themselves!