Shrimp & Pasta with Olive Oil and Pine Nuts
The best part of the dish is that it is tasty, crisp on flavor, but light and VERY simple to prepare with VERY basic ingredients.
Feel free to substitute chicken for shrimp, particularly grilled chicken marinated in Italian dressing.
Also feel free to up the quantity of pine nuts or delete them. I prefer WITH!
It was a huge hit and the kids enjoyed it immensely.
1 lbpeeled, deveined, tailless shrimp
1/2 cbutter or margarine
1 tspblack pepper
1/8 cpine nuts (OPTIONAL, if you prefer without, skip this ingredient and step 2)
1 lbcooked vermicelli or angel hair pasta, well salted
1 cextra virgin olive oil
1 Tbspfresh or dried parsley
1/4 cparmesan cheese
How to Make Shrimp & Pasta with Olive Oil and Pine Nuts
- Melt butter in a skillet on med. high heat. Add shrimp, salt and pepper and cook until done, taking care not to over cook. Set aside.
- Drop pine nuts in skillet on med. heat. Occasionally toss them. When one or more sides turn from pale to light golden brown and they look toasted, remove from heat.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until garlic turns light golden color.
- Add shrimp, pine nuts and parsley to pasta. Slowly stir in olive oil.
- Toss thoroughly and serve with a dusting of parmesan cheese or add cheese to serving dish and let others pass the bowl and serve themselves!