Shrimp and Pasta
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 Tbspolive oil
1/2 can(s)onions, small white
1 Tbspminced garlic,
1 Tbspitalian dressing
1 lbshrimp, peeled and deveined
1roasted red peppers
1 pkgvermicelli pasta
4 Tbspsundried tomato pesto
How to Make Shrimp and Pasta
- bring 2 quarts of water to boil. Cook vermicelli or your choice of thin pasta to package directions
- in skillet, add olive oil, onion, and garlic. Saute for a couple of minutes while you are chopping the roasted red pepper into bite size pieces. Add to skillet
- pour Italian dressing over shrimp in a bowl, stir to coat. Toss into skillet and stir. Keep on high for a few minutes, then turn down to low and cook until most of the liquid is gone. This took me about the amount of time it takes to bring the pasta water to a boil.
- when pasta and shrimp are done, mix together. Add sun dried tomato pesto and stir or toss. Make sure everything is coated evenly. You can add more or less pesto according to your taste.
- variations: I use frozen chopped onions, frozen small (100-150) shrimp, and chopped minced garlic because the things are easier to keep on hand and fresh. I find that raw onions or garlic go bad before I use them all up. I used a 7oz bag of vermicelli pasta, but any long thin pasta will work.
If you do not like the roasted red pepper, don't add it. You could add mushroom instead. If you would rather use basil pesto that is good too, only I might omit the roasted red pepper, depends on the mood I'm in.