1 lbpeeled, raw tails off shrimp
2 can(s)all white crab meat
1/2 cfinely diced white onion
1/2 cfinely diced green pepper
3 clovegarlic finely chopped
1/3 colive oil..this is approximate
1 casiago cheese shredded or grated ( more if you like)
1/8 tspred pepper flakes
·black pepper to taste
16 ozspaghetti. for hearty eaters 12 oz less so. 8 oz of whole wheat pasta if you are watching your carbs.
How to Make Shrimp and Crab-meat pasta
- Dice the onion, green pepper and garlic, shred the cheese. Put the water on to boil and add the spaghetti when it does.
- At the same time heat enough of the olive oil in a saute pan big enough to accommodate the spaghetti when it is done. When the oil is hot add the onion,green pepper, garlic and red pepper flakes. When onions are clear( do not brown) add the shrimp and stir fry them.
- While the shrimp are cooking, drain off your cooked spaghetti and toss with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil.
- When the shrimp are done(just when they turn pink. Do NOT OVERCOOK, because they will keep cooking in the pasta)Put all the pasta and the rest of the olive oil in the pan with the shrimp and using two spoons or tongs, toss well. If it seems a little dry add a little more olive oil.
- Then add the asiago cheese and keep tossing so it melts evenly and coats all the pasta.
- Add the crab meat and black pepper. Continue to toss until the crab is evenly dispersed.
- When you plate the dish you will have to pick up the shrimp and put it on the pasta because it falls to the bottom of the pan.
- Serve with a salad, some white wine. The combination of the crab and asiago makes it melt in your mouth!