Shiitake Mushrooms and Chard Pasta
- 1 Tbsp
- virgin olive oil
- medium onion, finely chopped
- cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb
- shiitake mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1/2 lb
- crimini mushrooms or other sliced mushrooms for variety (or use all shiitake)
- 1 large
- can whole tomatoes, roughly chopped, with juice
- bunch swiss chard, tough stems removed, roughly chopped
- 1-2 sprig(s)
- fresh oregano or 1/2 tsp dried
- 1/4-1/2 tsp
- dried chili flakes
- ounces shredded gruyere cheese
- 2 oz
- shredded parmesan cheese for garnish
- 1 lb
- pasta of your choice
How to Make Shiitake Mushrooms and Chard Pasta
- 1In a medium sized skillet, heat olive oil until shimmering. Add onion and cook at medium-low heat until translucent, about 5 or 6 minutes. Add garlic and cook until golden brown, about 1 minute.
Add mushrooms and increase heat slightly. Cook until the mushrooms have thrown off their moisture and started to brown.
- 2Add tomatoes, chili flakes and oregano and cook until heated through. Add Swiss chard and cook until wilted, just a couple of minutes. Stir in gruyere cheese.
Meanwhile, cook whatever pasta shape you desire, until al dente. Drain pasta and top with sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.