I remember the first time I made this, I wondered about the basil - it seemed strange to me to add it, but I did anyway - it is a must - don't skip it. Please let me know if you like this as much as I do!
★★★★★ 2 votes5
- lasagna noodles
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 c
- chopped onion
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 c
- cottage cheese, creamed * see note below
- 2 tsp
- dried basil
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- ground black pepper
- 2 can(s)
- (10.75oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/3 c
- 1/3 c
- dry white wine
- 1 c
- (6oz) crab meat
- 1 lb
- cooked salad shrimp (tiny ones)
- 1/4 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 c
- sliced fresh mushrooms
How to Make Seafood Lasagna
- 11. Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling water until done according to package directions. Rinse and drain noodles. Set aside.
- 22. Melt butter or margarine in a small saute pan over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Add cream cheese, cottage cheese*, egg, basil, salt, and pepper. Stir and heat gently until smooth. Set aside.
- 33. Check crab meat carefully for cartilage and shell - remove any that you find.
- 44. In a medium bowl combine soup, milk, and wine. Stir in crab, shrimp, and mushrooms.
- 55. Place 4 noodles in the bottom of a well-oiled 13 X 9 inch pan. Spread half of the cheese mixture over the noodles. Spoon half of the soup mixture over the cheese layer.
- 66. Repeat the layers.
- 77. Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes.
- 88. Top with Parmesan and Cheddar cheeses and brown lasagna under the broiler.
- 99. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. ENJOY!
- 10* To cream cottage cheese for this recipe, you may combine the cottage cheese and egg in a blender or food processor until it has a smooth consistency.