Scallops with Zucchini &Sun-dried Tomato Linguine
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Debbie knocked it out of the park with this recipe! There are so many flavors in the sauce and zucchini, I could eat that alone. The scallops on top make this a very impressive dinner. The Test Kitchen
- 6 oz
- packaged fresh linguine
- 1/3 lb
- fresh scallops
- 1/2 tsp
- kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp
- butter, divided
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil, divided
- small shallot, minced
- cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 c
- minced sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained well
- 1/2 tsp
- meyer lemon zest
- 2 tsp
- meyer lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 c
- finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp
- oil from jar of sun-dried tomatoes
- additional lemon wedges, fresh basil and grated parmesan cheese for garnish
How to Make Scallops with Zucchini &Sun-dried Tomato Linguine
- 1Prepare linguine according to package directions; set aside.
- 2Pat dry the scallops, season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- 3Cut the zucchini in half widthwise. Using a potato peeler, peel zucchini into thin strips, then cut the strips in half lengthwise; set aside. Heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the shallot and garlic, cook for 1 minute. Add in the zucchini and sun-dried tomatoes, cook 1 minute. Lower heat to low, add in the linguine, lemon zest, lemon juice, basil, parmesan cheese, sun-dried tomato oil and 1 tablespoon butter, mix to combine, keep warm over low heat.
- 4Meanwhile, heat a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add in remaining 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon oil. When heated, add in the scallops and cook until golden brown, approximately 2 - 3 minutes. Turn scallops over and cook the second side in the same manner.
- 5Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the linguine, toss to coat.
- 6To serve, place linguine onto serving platter, making a small well in the center of the pasta. Place the scallops into center of the pasta. Garnish with additional fresh basil, lemon wedges and parmesan cheese and enjoy!