☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
12uncooked jumbo pasta shells
2/3 lbbulk italian sausage
2 can(s)(8oz each) tomato sauce
1/2 ctomato paste
2 tspbrown sugar
1 tspitalian seasoning
2/3 c4% cottage cheese
1 1/2 cshredded mozzarella cheese
1egg, lightly beaten
·grated parmesan cheese
How to Make Sausage-Stuffed Shells
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Set half of the sausage aside for filling.
- Add the tomato paste, water, brown sugar, and Italian seasoning to remaining sausage. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta.
- In a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, 1 cup mozzarella, egg, parsley and reserved sausage. Stuff into shells.
- Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce into an ungreased shallow 2 quart baking dish. Arrange stuffed shells in dish; drizzle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake uncovered at 350* for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.