Sausage and Broccoli Skillet
1 1/2 lbsweet italian sausage, casing removed
1/2 cchopped onion
2 cloveminced garlic
1 can(s)cream of broccoli soup
16 ozfrozen broccoli cuts
1/2 cfresh shredded parmesan cheese
6 ccooked corkscrew pasta (abt 5 cups uncooked)
·crushed red pepper (optional)
How to Make Sausage and Broccoli Skillet
- COOK: sausage in medium skillet over medium-high heat until sausage is browned, stirring to separate meat.
- ADD: onion and garlic. Cook over medium heat until tender. pour off fat.
- ADD: soup, milk, broccoli and 1/4 c. cheese. Heat to boil. Cover and cook over low heat 5 min. or until broccoli is tender, stirring occasionally.
- TOSS: with pasta. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Serve with red pepper, if desired.
- TIP: this makes a hugh amount of food.
I used a bechemel instead of the soup because I couldn't find the soup anywhere.
I omitted the milk and I used fresh broccoli instead of frozen. Just need to simmer longer til broccoli gets tender.
I love the flavor of the fresh parmesan cheese in this dish.
I also reduced this recipe down and still had 3 days worth of leftovers. (I live alone)