Sausage and Apple Stuffed Pasta Shells
- 12 large
- pasta shells, cooked according to package directions
- 8 oz
- italian sausage
- 1/2 c
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 small
- apple, finely diced
- 3 oz
- cream cheese
- 1/3 c
- chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 c
- italian cheese, shredded
How to Make Sausage and Apple Stuffed Pasta Shells
- 1Cook shells according to package directions. Drain and set aside in covered dish.
- 2In a large skillet, crumble sausage, add onions and cook over medium heat until sausage is browned.
- 3Add garlic and apple and cook a minute longer. Reduce heat and add cream cheese. Heat just until cheese is melted.
- 4Add chicken broth and cook until some of the broth is absorbed and apples are starting to get tender. (About a minute or two longer)
- 5Fill pasta shells with mixture and place in sprayed 8x8 baking pan. (Do not overstuff shells. Shell should be easy to handle when filled) cover pan with foil and heat for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve with Alfredo sauce or your favorite marinara.
- 6Alfredo Sauce
In a skillet, over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in flour and cook a minute or two until frothy. Reduce heat and add half and half. Stir just until mixture starts to thicken. Remove from heat and add cheese.
Serves 12 appetizer portions or 6 dinner portions.