Sausage and Apple Stuffed Pasta Shells
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
12 largepasta shells, cooked according to package directions
8 ozitalian sausage
2 clovegarlic, minced
1 smallapple, finely diced
3 ozcream cheese
1/3 cchicken broth
1 citalian cheese, shredded
How to Make Sausage and Apple Stuffed Pasta Shells
- Cook shells according to package directions. Drain and set aside in covered dish.
- In a large skillet, crumble sausage, add onions and cook over medium heat until sausage is browned.
- Add garlic and apple and cook a minute longer. Reduce heat and add cream cheese. Heat just until cheese is melted.
- Add chicken broth and cook until some of the broth is absorbed and apples are starting to get tender. (About a minute or two longer)
- Fill pasta shells with mixture and place in sprayed 8x8 baking pan. (Do not overstuff shells. Shell should be easy to handle when filled) cover pan with foil and heat for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve with Alfredo sauce or your favorite marinara.
- Alfredo Sauce
In a skillet, over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in flour and cook a minute or two until frothy. Reduce heat and add half and half. Stir just until mixture starts to thicken. Remove from heat and add cheese.
Serves 12 appetizer portions or 6 dinner portions.