Sassy Fiesta Spaghetti
The original recipe called for sugar, but I omitted this, because it didn't appeal to me.
The original recipe also called for organic crushed tomatoes with basil; but I used regular crushed tomatoes and added 1/2 teaspoon of basil.
- 1(16 oz.) pkg
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 c
- chopped onion
- medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (28 oz.) can(s)
- crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 tsp
- dried basil
- 1 (8 oz.) can(s)
- tomato sauce
- 1 (11 oz.) can(s)
- mexican-style corn, drained
- 1 (4.5 oz. can(s)
- sliced mushrooms
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
How to Make Sassy Fiesta Spaghetti
- 1Cook and drain spaghetti according to package directions.
- 2In a 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion and bell pepper in oil 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally until tender; remove from skillet.
- 3Add beef to skillet; cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently until cooked through; drain off excess fat.
- 4Add onion and bell pepper to beef; mix well; stir in taco seasoning, tomatoes, basil, tomato sauce, corn and mushrooms; heat to boiling.
- 5Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Serve over spaghetti, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.