Sassy Fiesta Spaghetti
The original recipe called for sugar, but I omitted this, because it didn't appeal to me.
The original recipe also called for organic crushed tomatoes with basil; but I used regular crushed tomatoes and added 1/2 teaspoon of basil.
1(16 oz.) pkgspaghetti
1 Tbspolive oil
1 cchopped onion
1medium red bell pepper, chopped
1 lbground beef
1envelope taco seasoning mix
1 (28 oz.) can(s)crushed tomatoes, undrained
1/2 tspdried basil
1 (8 oz.) can(s)tomato sauce
1 (11 oz.) can(s)mexican-style corn, drained
1 (4.5 oz. can(s)sliced mushrooms
·grated parmesan cheese (optional)
How to Make Sassy Fiesta Spaghetti
- Cook and drain spaghetti according to package directions.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion and bell pepper in oil 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally until tender; remove from skillet.
- Add beef to skillet; cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently until cooked through; drain off excess fat.
- Add onion and bell pepper to beef; mix well; stir in taco seasoning, tomatoes, basil, tomato sauce, corn and mushrooms; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over spaghetti, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.