Sara's Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 box
- any type of pasta (shells, rotini, capellini are my favorite)
- 1 1/2 c
- milk or heavy cream
- 12 oz
- velveeta cheese
- 1/2 to 1 c
- cheddar cheese to desire (i use whatever is in the fridge)
- 1/2 lb
- bacon or ham (optional)
How to Make Sara's Macaroni and Cheese
- 1Start the pasta, follow directions on box for your desired tenderness.
- 2In a medium size sauce pan, pour your milk or cream. Cube velveeta for easier, more consistent melting. Over medium heat melt the velveeta in the milk/cream. After the velveeta melts add your additional cheese.
- 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 4Drain the pasta. In the larger pot mix the pasta and the cheese sauce. At this point you can add any mix-ins. I will either add 1/2 pound of bacon or ham (optional).
- 5Grease 2 qt casserole dish. Pour Macaroni and Cheese into casserole dish. Put casserole dish into pre-heated oven.
- 6Bake for 15 mins. Cool for a few minutes before eating.