Sara's Macaroni and Cheese
1 boxany type of pasta (shells, rotini, capellini are my favorite)
1 1/2 cmilk or heavy cream
12 ozvelveeta cheese
1/2 to 1 ccheddar cheese to desire (i use whatever is in the fridge)
1/2 lbbacon or ham (optional)
How to Make Sara's Macaroni and Cheese
- Start the pasta, follow directions on box for your desired tenderness.
- In a medium size sauce pan, pour your milk or cream. Cube velveeta for easier, more consistent melting. Over medium heat melt the velveeta in the milk/cream. After the velveeta melts add your additional cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain the pasta. In the larger pot mix the pasta and the cheese sauce. At this point you can add any mix-ins. I will either add 1/2 pound of bacon or ham (optional).
- Grease 2 qt casserole dish. Pour Macaroni and Cheese into casserole dish. Put casserole dish into pre-heated oven.
- Bake for 15 mins. Cool for a few minutes before eating.