Sammi's Stuffed Peppers
- 1 jar(s)
- spaghetti sauce ( i like robusto sauteed onion and garlic)
- 1-1.5 lb
- ground hamburger
- 1-6 clove
- garlic (fresh is best) minced or pressed
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 c
- yellow onion
- large bell peppers (any color)
- 1 c
- finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 c
- rice (cooked)
How to Make Sammi's Stuffed Peppers
- 1Cut tops of peppers off and remove the insides. Using a spoon, thin the inside walls removing all membranes. Rinse. Put the peppers in boiling water and cover, for 5-7 mins. You want the peppers to be a little soft but not tearing apart. Remove from water and place opening side down on paper towels to cool.
- 2In Large skillet, cook hamburger till brown. Drain. Add chopped onion (I like about 1/2 cup or a little more), Salt, Garlic (as much as you want according to your taste. I use at least 5-6 big cloves) Sautee on low for 5-10 mins.
- 3Add 1 cup cooked rice and stir in sauce, enough to cover all of meat and rice, about a cup (you don't want it to be too watery)and cook on low until sauce is warmed up.
- 4Fill peppers with stuffing and place in ungreased baking dish (I use 9x13x2 Pyrex). Pour remaining sauce over peppers. Cover and bake in oven at 350 for 45 mins.