I found, just down the street from where I was living, was a Hotel/ Restaurant. Not able to read much of the local language, or even UNDERSTAND it. I was able to make out the word "Salmon". Placed before me, was this wonderful dish of Salmon in a, cream-tomato sauce on Farfali [Bow Pasta]. I was able to re-create this wonderful dish.... which I simply call "Salmon Farfali".... Ciao!
- 1/4 - 1/2 lb
- smoke salmon
- 2 can(s)
- stewed tomatoes, italian-style
- 1 c
- green onion, chopped
- 1 stick
- 1 pt
- heavy cream / half & half
- bow-tie pasta, cooked and drained
- fresh parmesan
- 4 Tbsp
- baking powder
How to Make Salmon Farfali
- 1In a large sauce pan, melt the butter.
- 2Chop the green onions, and add to the butter. Saute' on med heat for 5 minutes.
- 3Get your pasta water boiling... cook pasta 'till al dente...
- 4Add tomatoes to saute'd onions. Cook down for 10 minutes.
- 5Chop the Smoked Salmon. Add to tomatoes. Cook on med heat for 15 minutes.
- 6Slowly pour the cream into the tomato / onion mix. Add 4 tablespoons of Baking Powder. Stir till thicken.
- 7Drain the pasta, mix the pasta in with the tomato-cream sauce. Transfer into BIG pasta bowl. Top with freshly grated Parmesan. Enjoy!