I found, just down the street from where I was living, was a Hotel/ Restaurant. Not able to read much of the local language, or even UNDERSTAND it. I was able to make out the word "Salmon". Placed before me, was this wonderful dish of Salmon in a, cream-tomato sauce on Farfali [Bow Pasta]. I was able to re-create this wonderful dish.... which I simply call "Salmon Farfali".... Ciao!
1/4 - 1/2 lbsmoke salmon
2 can(s)stewed tomatoes, italian-style
1 cgreen onion, chopped
1 ptheavy cream / half & half
·bow-tie pasta, cooked and drained
4 Tbspbaking powder
How to Make Salmon Farfali
- In a large sauce pan, melt the butter.
- Chop the green onions, and add to the butter. Saute' on med heat for 5 minutes.
- Get your pasta water boiling... cook pasta 'till al dente...
- Add tomatoes to saute'd onions. Cook down for 10 minutes.
- Chop the Smoked Salmon. Add to tomatoes. Cook on med heat for 15 minutes.
- Slowly pour the cream into the tomato / onion mix. Add 4 tablespoons of Baking Powder. Stir till thicken.
- Drain the pasta, mix the pasta in with the tomato-cream sauce. Transfer into BIG pasta bowl. Top with freshly grated Parmesan. Enjoy!