Russian Beef Stroganoff1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbbeef round steak
1/2 conion, finely chopped
1garlic clove, minced
1 Tbspworcestershire sauce
2 ozmushrooms, canned
1 csour cream
2 Tbspparsley, minced
How to Make Russian Beef Stroganoff
- Cut the beef into 1/2 inch strips; put in a plastic bag with 3 tablespoons of flour and the salt.
- Shake until the meat is evenly coated.
- In a heavy skillet or dutch oven, heat oil; add the meat strips and brown slowly, stirring often.
- Add the onion, garlic, cola and 1/4 cup of water; mix well.
- Cover and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes or until the meat is fork tender.
- In a bowl, mix the 2 tablespoons of flour with the 1/2 cup of water until smooth.
- Stir into the meat along with the worcestershire sauce and the undrained mushrooms.
- Stir and cook until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- If making ahead for reheating later, do not add the sour cream now; reheat, then complete the recipe directions.
- Stir in the sour cream and heat gently just until the gravy simmers.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve over mashed potatoes, noodles or rice.