Roman-Style Spaghetti with Garlic and Olive Oil
Daily Inspiration S
- 12 oz
- spaghetti noodles
- 1/2 c
- extra-virgin olive oil (or less if you prefer)
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh garlic, minced (or to taste)
- anchovy filets, flat (rinsed and drained and patted dry - optional)
- freshly ground black pepper (or red pepper flakes)
- 2 Tbsp
- flat-leaf parsley
- freshly grated parmesan cheese, for serving
How to Make Roman-Style Spaghetti with Garlic and Olive Oil
- 1In a large pot, bring 4 quarts water to a rapid boil over high heat; then stir in 1 tbsp. salt. Drop in spaghetti and cook, stirring frequently, until tender - but still firm to the bite.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large saute pan or skillet, combine the oil, garlic and anchovies (if using) over low heat and cook until the garlic just begins to take on a hint of color - do not brown the garlic. Remove from heat.
- 3Drain spaghetti, transfer to the pan holding the garlicky olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper and red pepper flakes if you like it spicy. Toss well. Sprinkle with parsley and a nice amount of parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.